Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pliny questions himself

Pliny: I seem to be three different people here.

Pliny: Yes.

Pliny: So do I.

Pliny: I need to sort myself out.

Pliny: Sometimes I'm Lynn, a woman living in Australia, who calls herself Pliny.

Pliny: Yes, And sometimes I'm her alter ego, whom she calls Pliny.

Pliny: Whom, I like that. And sometimes I'm the real Pliny, the well-known natural historian from antiquity.

Pliny: Oh! Didn't you die in 79BC when Mt Vesuvius erupted ?

Pliny: 79BC ! What's that?

Pliny: Perhaps it was the name of your little boat. You saved people in it.

Pliny: Did I ? Anyway, are we less confused?

Pliny: Yes

1 comment:

Fiona Webber said...

Oh mother. I love this so much. I do wonder what the broader web 2.0 audience will make of it all. Will they wonder why Nostradamus is talking to Pliny, and to which Pliny? And why Pliny would be on a beach in South Australia? I am delighted to know all too well the answers to all of these things.

I think I will become a Follower after all.