Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Say your Prayers, Loser

Terence is excited.

He is going to be in the play.

You'll have to practise, says Belle

I already know how to be the Bright Red Object, says Terence. I float in the sea, in a red costume, and get rescued.

They're not doing that part, says Belle. This part will be even more of a challenge.

Woop! says Terence. What is it?

It's earlier in the story, says Belle. Candide and Cacambo leave Eldorado with gifts of gold, diamonds, precious stones and two large red sheep.

Two? says Terence. Am I both?

Yes, you are both, says Belle. 

Do I run on being one and run off and run on again being the other? asks Terence.

No, says Belle. That wouldn't work.

I'm very fast, says Terence. I could do it on my skateboard.

The thing is, says Belle, you are hoisted out of Eldorado in a machine, along with the others.

Both of me? says Terence.

Yes, says Belle. Gaius has suggested a two headed costume.

Yay! says Terence. Wait! Which one will my head be in?

Which ever one you choose, says Belle. The other one will be empty.

Can you draw it? asks Terence.

Okay, says Belle.

She takes a sheet of paper and a red coloured pencil, and sketches a two headed sheep.

How do I talk? asks Terence.

Through this mouth hole, says Belle, adding one in.

Give the other one a mouth hole, says Terence.

The other one won't talk, says Belle. But I guess I'd better.

It WILL talk, says Terence, already imagining the conversation

Red Sheep's Head 1: Say your prayers, loser!

Red Sheep's Head 2: Whyyyyy!

Red Sheep's Head 1: Because only one of us gets rescued!

Red Sheep's Head 2: Baaaa!

How good will it be!


No comments: