Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Blood Guts Pale And Sad

The fruits rouges are strawberries, blackberries and cranberries.

Belle takes a few off her crepe and mashes them on a saucer, using a fork.

She gives Terence a spoon.

Try that, says Belle.

It looks like blood and guts, says Terence.

Don't you want it? asks Belle.

I want it, says Terence.

He starts eating the blood and guts.

Wooh! Yes! He can eat anything.

But suddenly, he gets a sharp pain half way down.

What's the trouble little buddy? asks Sweezus.

Bluuh-uh! says Terence.

Don't eat any more, says Gaius. Shall I take you outside?

Yes, says Terence. I might be going to vomit.

Gaius takes Terence outside La Creme de Paris.

Prong is waiting, perched on an outdoor chair.

Did you ask them? asks Prong.

I'm going to throw up, says Terence. Watch this.

Prong watches with horror.

Terence throws up blood and guts.

Fear not, says Gaius, seeing Prong's exprssion, They are simply fruits rouges.

Oh, says Prong. They're all over the pavement.

I'll call a waiter, says Gaius. Stay here Terence.

Gaius goes back inside.

Is he okay? asks Belle.

Fine, says Gaius. He vomited and made a mess. I'm calling a waiter.

Poor little fellow, says David.

Probably would've been okay if he'd chewed it, says Sweezus, I bet he just slurped it down.

It was mashed, but I shouldn't have risked it, says Belle.

Gaius has called a waiter, and the waiter has followed him outside.

Merde! says the waiter. Qu'est ca?

Surely you recognise it? says Gaius.

The waiter looks more closely.

Ah! Les fruits rouges, says the waiter.

He starts mopping them up with a cloth.

Shall we go inside, Terence? asks Gaius.

Yes, says Terence.

Make the most of it, says Prong.

Of what? asks Terence.

The situation, says Prong. They'll all feel sorry for you. You have bargaining power.

I think Prong means you might get someone to accompany you to Barcelona, says Gaius.

Yes! says Terence.

Try to look pale and sad, says Prong.

Terence tries to look pale and sad.


No comments: