Sartre and Terence have not yet returned with the glue.
Sweezus keeps typing Sartre's blog, on Sartre's phone:
An accident had occurred with the handbag. The clasp was broken. The replacement baby was distraught, and our parrot has promised to fix it. At this moment I'm looking for a glue shop.
Sweezus stops. Has he left out too much? Holy Spitball's role for example?
No, Sartre needs to catch up to the present. And add stuff about bikes.
Sweezus alters his last sentence:
At this moment I'm cycling around Barcelona looking for a glue shop. I'm wearing a helmet. They're strict about wearing bike helmets here. The glue will be a middle of the road solution, not the superglue favoured by certain of my colleagues. I pointed out that the handbag might become permanently closed, a tragic result for the baby.
Sweezus stops again. Has he gone too far? Sartre isn't cycling. And would he use the word tragic?
He alters tragic to irritating. Yeah, that's more like Sartre.
Encouraged, he keeps going:.
I spot a hardware shop. No doubt they sell glue. I prop my bike against a bollard and put the chain on. I enter the hardware shop and enquire about glue. The hardware assistant insists on knowing what I'll be using the glue for. I tell him it's for a child's plastic handbag. He shows me various glues that suit plastic. I pick the most expensive. He approves of my choice.
Sweezus stops again.
He has definitely gone too far now.
Would Sartre pick the most expensive?
If he did, would he say that he had?
Would he then become chatty and tell the hardware assistant about Holy Spitball, and how the accident happened?
No harm in exploring:
The assistant keeps asking questions. Perhaps he's a spy? No, he seems genuinely interested. I'll tell him what happened, without revealing too much. Well, I say, I've been involved in a clandestine rescue, in which a bird, who goes by the name Holy Spitball, was persuaded to act as a lookout, in exchange for a simple toy bear. Unfortunately the toy bear broke the handbag in the course of the rescue. So, you were rescuing a CHILD! says the hardware assistant. I grab the glue, run out of the shop, unlock my bicycle hurriedly and cycle away....
Understandably. Sweezus stops here, and does not press publish.
No comments:
Post a Comment