Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Person

Some weeks ago a Little Person fell into our garden. I assumed she'd come from next door so I placed her on top of the fence hoping that Christine would claim her. But Christine didn't.

After a week on the fence the Little Person fell down into our garden again, pushed by Christine or the wind.

I placed the Little Person on the outdoor table near the back door. She is still there. How she irritates me.

She is five centimetres tall, rather squat, with short black curly hair and brown skin. She is wearing a red baseball cap turned sideways, a short blue skirt, a green jumper and white shoes. Along the side of her left shoe are the words Little People. Her arms are raised. She carries a yellow toy aeroplane in her left hand and a big red and yellow paintbrush in her right. On her back is a large yellow backpack with yellow straps.

It is intriguing that she carries a plane and a paintbrush. That isn't what irritates me. It's the contents of her backpack.

Protruding, from her backpack are three long yellow objects. They do not look like bananas. You can't see the bottoms but the middles are fat with little folds, while the tops are rounded and even fatter. They are not icecreams. No one carries icecreams in a backpack. Each of the yellow objects is tipped with a purple spot. They look a bit like rockets. They look even more like giant yellow penises.

You can see why I'm irritated. I swear I won't throw the Little Person away until I figure out what those things are meant to be.

No comments: