Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Famous Pintxos of San Sebastian

Baby Pierre rolled back down Monte Urgull.

Halfway down he bumped into Gaius and Margaret, who were examining the geological features on the seaward side.

It looks like there has been a cataclysmic event at some time in the past, Margaret was saying. Quite possibly an earthquake or even a volcano. See how the rocks are tipped up at all sorts of crazy angles so that you can see the various layers exposed, like filo pastry, or cheese.

And Gaius was saying, I hope it wasn't a volcano.

And Margaret was saying, Why, particularly?

And Gaius was pretending that he couldn't remember, but really of course he could well remember that fateful volcano long ago in Pompeii......

Hello! said Baby Pierre. I've just had an interesting conversation with Jesus.

That isn't Jesus, snorted Margaret. It's just a statue. And I thought you were an atheist anyway.

I am, said Baby Pierre. An atheist and a free thinker. But I am first and foremost a stone. As is he.

Fair enough, said Margaret. Well, Baby Pierre my dear, how would you like to join us for dinner later on? We're going to try the famous pintxos.

No thanks, said Baby Pierre. I don't eat. And they're mainly bread anyway.

Nonsense! said Margaret. Only a stone would say that.






No comments: