Saturday, May 5, 2012

Up Slowly To Jesus

It took Baby Pierre a long time to climb up Monte Urgull.

Finally he reached the stone feet of Jesus.

He peered upwards.

Excuse me, said Baby Pierre.

Si, said Jesus.

Parlez Anglais? asked Baby Pierre hopefully.

All languages, said Jesus.

Esperanto? asked Baby Pierre.

All except Esperanto, said Jesus. Speak to me in English, little pebble.

Call me Baby Pierre, said Baby Pierre. Tell me Jesus what's the purpose of the metal prong?

It's a lightning conductor, said Jesus.

Baby Pierre giggled.

How come you need a lightning conductor? he asked.

Jesus shrugged.

Every statue has one, he said. Don't they?

I don't think so, said Baby Pierre. Not in Paris they don't. Maybe you need one because you're up so high. I t must be lovely to be up so high.

You see some funny things, said Jesus.

Like what? asked Baby Pierre.

People walking on the beach without any clothes, said Jesus. Not everyone. Just the odd person. I never get used to it though.

Quite right , said Baby Pierre. People should wear clothes.

They should, said Jesus. Take me.

Nice, said Baby Pierre. Stone robes are cool.

Thanks, said Jesus.













No comments: