Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Open Flow

I need a head start, says Arthur, eyeing Jeanne Jugan's bike.

Yeah, says Sweezus. I'll go with you.

They set off down the Grand Randonnée, for Saint Malo.

What does he need a head start for? says Gaius.

He just wants to get the best bed, says Belle.

Meanwhile Sartre is coming to terms with his hat.

It is ragged. But at least it will keep the rain off.

Furthermore, he can't ignore that it was unravelled to provide a straw bed for a beetle.

Hop up, says Gaius to Terence and Baldy.

He lifts Terence and Baldy into his basket. (They can't hop up by themselves).

What about me? says Saint Roley. I can't fly all the way to Saint Malo. It's raining.

You're coming with me, says Belle.

What about me? asks the Scarabée.

I shall take you, says Sartre. We have an existential connection. Your bed is a part of my hat.

And you might explain to me how I cannot but be a beetroot, says the Scarabée.

Yes! Sartre will attempt it. He's always up for a challenge.

Coming François-René? asks Belle.

I'll walk back tomorrow, says François-René.

He could have explained the beetroot in terms of Christian semiotics. No one asked him.

So that's the team, back on the Grand Randonnée.

Sweezus and Arthur are half way there already.

Where are we staying? asks Sweezus.

Hotel Kyriad, says Arthur. It's good. No mezzanine for me to fall off.

Is Splosh still there? asks Sweezus.

Don't know, says Arthur. She might be.

Sweezus slows down a little, and calls Splosh.

Hi, says Splosh. I'm at an African fashion photo expo thingy in Saint Malo. Where are you?

On our way to Saint Malo, says Sweezus. Wanna meet up?

OK, says Splosh. There's an Open Flow Hip Hop Répétition rehearsal on at La Nouvelle Vague afterwards. Meet me there.

Cool, says Sweezus.

What's cool? says Arthur.

Hip Hop Open Flow competition, says Sweezus. Wanna go in it?

It's tempting.

Arthur is already thinking of words that describe the inside of his head.....mezzanine.....aubergine..... spleen.....and an irritating rhythm.....

This is getting too weird.

Let's drop back to the others.

Gaius is cycling thoughtfully.

Belle is keeping Saint Roley snuggled warmly inside her jumper.

Terence and Baldy are trying to listen to Sartre who is explaining to the Scarabée the concept of culture as a process of continual reinvention.

But they soon get bored, (as does the Scarabée), because he fails to deliver a concrete example.

No comments: