Monday, April 6, 2020

Bad Outcome Friday

It's late in the evening.

Lauren brings out the white wine.

There are several intellectual discussions proceeding.

......

Gaius and Arthur

Gaius: Just one day, is all I'm asking.

Arthur: What will Kierkegaard do?

Gaius: Surf with the young ones.

Arthur: I'm a young one, remember.

Gaius: I remember that you're dependable.

Arthur: Kierkegaard knows what he's doing.

Gaius: Not always. He forgot to bring pencils.

Arthur: You mean you forgot to bring pencils. Don't worry. Lauren's got some.

Gaius: There, now you see what I mean..

.....

Sweezus, Belle and Marie

Sweezus: Huuuuh!

Belle: Buck up, Sweezie! It's only Tuesday.

Sweezus: Followed by Wednesday, Thursday and freaking Bad Outcome Friday.

Marie: We'll think of something nice to do on Friday.

Belle: Yes, how about a picnic?

Marie: And races.

Sweezus: What sort of races.

Marie: I don't know. Any races.

Belle: Potato eating races?

Sweezus: Potato eating races?

Marie: What fun. With cooked potatoes?

Belle. Yes. Cooked. With the skins on.

Sweezus: Awesome. Count me in.


....


Kierkegaard and Lauren

Kierkegaard: I call it the recollection and repetition dichotomy.

Lauren: And that is?

Kierkegaard: When ideality and reality collide, that's when repetition appears.

Lauren: Would you like a top up?

Kierkegaard: Thank you. Oh wait, I hope you haven't misunderstood me.

Lauren: No dear, I haven't.

Kierkegaard (alarmed): That's enough!

Lauren: So you have problems with reality.

Kierkegaard: It's not actually me. These are intellectual musings. In my writings I use a false name.

Lauren: How sweet. What is it?

Kierkegaard: Constantine Constantius.

Lauren: I see. Very clever.

Kierkegaard: So you're beginning to understand me?

Lauren: Yes. It's exactly like Reiki.


.......

Terence and Alexander-Red-Hook

Alexander-Red-Hook: About tomorrow.

Terence: What about tomorrow?

Alexander-Red-Hook: We'd like to spend the day by the sea.

Terence: You can't SPEND a day.

Alexander-Red-Hook: Another word then.

Terence: How about BE?

No comments: