Saturday, September 12, 2026

A Fragile Example

Wee Fuzzball glares at the new Sylvanian baby, fresh out of his packet.

He wants the handbag, says Terence.

But it's the other one's handbag, says Federico.

They can share it, says Terence.

Wee Fuzzball reaches out a fuzzy paw, for the handbag.

New Fuzzball clutches it tightly.

He won't share, says Terence.

Try talking  him into it, says Sweezus.

Okay, says Terence.

He addresses New Fuzzball.

Do you know what sharing is? asks Terence.

New Fuzzball doesn't know.

I'll show you, says Terence. I'll share something.

Have you got anything? asks Sweezus.

No, says Terence. 

Sartre has a hairnet, says Sweezus.

So I do, says Sartre.

Can I borrow it? asks Terence.

I'm afraid you might snag it, says Sartre. 

It's just an example, says Terence.

Very well then, says Sartre. Take care.

He hands Terence the hairnet, that belongs to Simone.

Terence shows the hairnet to New Fuzzball.

Pretend you like this, says Terence. 

Grr, says New Fuzzball.

He likes it, says Terence.

Or he's good at pretending, says Sweezus.

Yes, says Terence. It's nearly the same.

New Fuzzball waits for the rest of the example.

This is my hairnet, says Terence. And we both like it. Here, you have a turn.

He hands New Fuzzball the hairnet.

Does that baby have claws? asks Sartre.

No, says Terence. Only I do. And I'm being careful.

He shows Sartre his claw.

New Fuzzball takes the hairnet from Terence.

Now what? Should he put in in his handbag? 

Wee Fuzzball has been watching this happen.

Why should New Fuzzball get a hairnet, when he's already got a handbag?

He makes a grab for the hairnet.

But hairnets are fragile.

It rips.


No comments: