Friday, April 7, 2023

Looking Wrong

The passenger has done a good job of restoring the feather.

He waves the two feather pieces at Terence.

Terence runs over.

I see your grandad has got the robot bat off your leg, says the passenger.

He's not my grandad, says Terence. He's a scientist and I'm on his team.

So it's his robot? asks the passenger.

Terence isn't sure how to answer, because Squattu isn't a robot.

I'm in charge of the drone, says Terence.

You have a drone? asks the passenger.

Yes, says Terence, and I control it.

So who controls the robot? asks the passenger.

She does, says Terence. Can I have my feather?

Yes, says the passenger. Pieces came up well, didn't they?

Yes, says Terence. Now I have to stick them back together.

They're still a bit tacky, says the passenger. Shall I do it?

Okay, says Terence.

The passenger presses the pieces together.

It looks a bit wrong.

What are you planning to do with it? asks the passenger.

Put it into my drawing, says Terence.

So you're an artist as well as scientist, says the passenger. 

Yes, says Terence. This feather came off the bird that brought us the drone. 

A bird brought it? says the passenger.

And my drawing has three boring pages of window, says Terence.

The passenger waits. What's the connection?

So I cut the feather up with grandpa's nail scissors, says Terence. But I ruined it.

I thought he wasn't your grandpa, says the passenger.

My real grandpa, says Terence. He has a long beard and grey hair. And nail scissors.

I see, says the passenger. So, now the feather's been restored, are you planning to add it to your drawing?

I might. But it looks a bit wrong, says Terence.

Did I join the wrong ends together? asks the passenger.

Terence looks.

The passenger looks

Did he?

>><<

Yes he  did. 

What a chump.


No comments: