Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coffee

Pliny: I don't feel like blogging today.

Pliny the Elder: Leave it to me. Just give me a topic.

Pliny ( leafing idly through the newspaper) : Coffee.

Pliny the Elder: I know nothing of coffee.

Pliny: Coffee is a bitter tasting brown bean.

Pliny the Elder: A vetch! But you wrote of vetches yesterday. I shall write upon a related topic, that of Coughing.

Pliny ( coughing ) : Oh.... alright.

Pliny the Elder: There are many efficacious remedies for coughing. The first is to hang a bunch of pennyroyal in the room. The second is to smoke the leaves of coltsfoot. A third involves making an ointment out of marshmallow. A fourth is to spit in the mouth of a little frog climbing up a tree and then let him escape....

Pliny: Pliny!

Pliny the Elder: What?

Pliny: Well done.

No comments: