Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Banana Bit

My subject for today is something that I don't really know.....what it is?

Well, how would YOU write that sentence?

Something, the nature of which I do not know .

Yes that's better. I suppose now you're quite interested to know exactly what it is.

What it is, is, the little brown curled-up-burnt-matchstick-shaped piece that must, and I don't really know, but think it must, have dropped off the pointy end of a banana. It's not exactly like a burnt matchstick because for one thing it has a head at each end, and for another it isn't friable but tough as a bootstrap, and pliable.

It's taken me many years to realise that these tiny things are associated with bananas. This is because they are never attached to a banana when you see them, but are to be found in the bottom of bags which have contained bananas, or in bowls that have had bananas in them.

When you read about the parts of a banana, no one ever mentions this part.

I just thought I would, now.

1 comment:

Allan Webber said...

I think they are banana droppings since they only happen when they have privacy.