Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Snapping Angry Faces

Bugger! says Sweezus. I've got to go back to the office. Vello's angry with me.

Sounds like a good reason not to go back to the office, says Arthur.

Just then the woman whose cross face he snapped near the pigs in the Mall comes back with a policeman.

Now then! says the policeman. What's this I hear about you taking photographs of persons without their permission?

Didn't know I needed permission, says Arthur. Her face was out there in the open.

Well you do, says the policeman. I must formally ask you to delete it.

I don't know how to delete it, says Arthur. It isn't my camera.

Then I must ask you to accompany me to the station, says the policeman.

That seems a bit harsh, says Sweezus. He was given it by his employer.

And who might you be? says the policeman turning to face Sweezus. Ahh!

It is an Ahh of recognition.

Sweezus! says the policeman. It's me, Victor! From the Victor Harbor police station.

Victor! says Sweezus. Yeah, I remember! The penguin pie and the shorts.

Good times, says Victor. Not like this city policing.

He looks sharply at the angry woman, who stalks off in disgust.

Arthur is now free to go. He accompanies Sweezus back to the office where there should be some more angry faces.

When they get there, Vello is steaming.

Sweezus! says Vello. I have two bones to pick with you. Number one, when you are ghosting, you are supposed to write in the style of the person you are ghosting, NOT KING RICHARD THE THIRD!

Arthur snaps Vello's irascible expression with the camera.

Stop that, Arthur! says Vello. Why oh why is it descending into chaos round here?

Because Belle and Marie are away, says David. Just try to calm down a bit, Vello.

What's the other one? asks Sweezus.

What other one? says Vello. Oh, the other one! Number two, you do not go sending off work to a client before I have seen it. I am the boss around here.

We are, says David. We are the boss around here.

Bosses, says Arthur.

Yes, yes, mutters David.

You are, says Sweezus. But you weren't here. Nor was Bunny. So I took the initiative.

And you sent off that nonsense of yours to Beyoncé, says Vello. Who knows what she'll think! Next thing will be that her people will be contacting our people. Then what shall we do? We don't have any people!

Bunny enters the office, and turns on the office computer.

Woo! says Bunny. Look at this! Beyoncé's answered already!


No comments: