Thursday, February 14, 2013

Death In A Bag

Good, she likes it, says Bunny.

She likes it! says Vello. Extraordinary. Let me see!

He leans over Bunny and reads what Beyoncé has written:

Hi all! I love it. The words SO made me cry. Your poor English king. He misses sausages and longs for his bones to knit up. He understands all about recycling. I couldn't ask for a better ghosting. Please give him equal billing with me. No changes required. ( Unless maybe the spelling? ) All the best, B.

Isn't she nice! says Bunny.

What's wrong with the spelling? says Sweezus. I researched all that.

There's a PS, says Bunny. She hopes the king feels better soon. What does she mean?

She thinks he's alive, says Arthur. It's understandable.

Oh, never mind about that! says The VeloDrone. This is wonderful. Well done, young Sweezus. Well done, Bunny. You two obviously have your fingers on the pulse of modern thought. Perhaps we were becoming a touch old fashioned.......

Old fashioned! says David. Since when did philosophy become old fashioned? And I still cannot see how life  compares to a shopping list. Life is not about spending money....

She doesn't mean that! says Bunny.

No, she doesn't, says Sweezus. She means life is about figuring out what you want to do with it.

And then doing it, says Arthur. And then when you've done it you die. And death is the shopping bag with everything in it you've done.

They all look at Arthur. Arthur picks up the camera and points it at them. Snap!

Yes, yes, says Vello. Well, since David and I are now free, we'll be off to the Fringe. I have tickets to Grand Guignol at the Piglet tonight. Are you ready David?

Certainly, Vello, says David. Shall we eat first?




No comments: