Thursday, July 14, 2016

Tour de France 12: Montpellier to Mont Ventoux - Risky

 At the top of Mont Ventoux the winds are victorious. The race will not end here today.

Some are of the opinion that this will make the race more exciting.

In Montpellier:

Belle: It might make the race more exciting.

Sweezus: Yeah right.

Belle: Gaius believes it. By the way, did you see Pablo's video?

Sweezus: What video?

Belle: He showed it to me and Terence last night.

Terence: I'm in it.

Belle: Only at the end. Gaius is wearing the Kathmandu jacket. But you can't see his number.

Sweezus: You probably can't even tell that he's part of the Tour.

Belle: No you can't. But there's plenty of time to get that right. At least Pablo's trying.

Sweezus: Yeah. And Arthur isn't.

Belle: No one's feeding him. That's the trouble. Why don't you come shopping with me. I'm going to buy chocolate pastries.

Sweezus: Cool. Chocolate pastries!

Belle: I meant, you could buy some for Arthur.

Sweezus: Mm.

Terence: Can I come too?

Belle: No, sweetheart. I've arranged for you to be looked after. I'll be busy today.

.....

Later:

Terence is on the back of a motor bike, with his parrot.

He is being looked after by Julie.

Julie is a very careful rider. She has a job to do, involving a camera. She must make sure she doesn't get in the way of the riders, while keeping an eye out.

Terence; Are we there yet?

Julie: No.

Parrot: Shall I tell you a story?

Julie: No, I must keep an eye out.

Parrot: Not you, him.

Terence: Is it about the little bear cub?

Parrot: It's about a rabbit.

Julie: I know this one.

Parrot: Just keep an eye out, Julie. So, there was this rabbit, Juanito. He lived near a dangerous road. He never went near it, but at night it was noisy and scary.

Terence: I know that road.

Parrot: Nobody knows it. It's a story. So one day, when Juanito grew up and got married ....

Julie: Hold it. He got MARRIED?

Parrot: This is a children's story.

Terence: See?

Parrot: He had a little son called Danny. One night Danny didn't come home for tea.

Terence: Because he got run over!

Parrot: Don't pre-empt me. Juanito went out in the dark to look for his little son Danny. He came to the road.

Terence: Was it busy?

Julie: Of course it was busy.

Parrot: Yes it was very very busy. Juanito plucked up all his courage, and scampered across it.

Terence: Did he find Danny?

Parrot: Yes. Danny was whimpering there. Juanito said: Now we must be courageous my son, and scamper back through the terrible traffic.

Julie: Jesus! I know what that's like. Look at all these people crowding the road here. Wha...!

Julie slams on the brakes.

Chris Froome who is riding behind her listening to the story, along with Richie Porte and Bauke Mollema, crashes into her.

Julie: Oops. Sorry.

Chris Froome: Shit a brick. I'd better start running!

He runs till he finds a free bike. Alas! It is broken. He finds another one. And rides to the finish.

Parrot: Isn't that against the rules? Running?

Julie: Yes but sometimes you have to.

No comments: