Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Oh For A 3D Printer!

Is it night time? Who knows, on these long haul flights?

But it feels like it is.

Monique's dad has covered Monique with a blanket.

Terence has gone back to his spot under Gaius's seat.

But it's David's seat now. He's keeping his eye on the length of the queue.

I may need to stand up in a hurry, says David. Make sure your toys aren't in my way.

They're not TOYS, says Terence.

Give them to me, says Pierre-Louis, who is sitting next to David.  

Terence gives him the wheels, for safe-keeping.

Don't drop them, says Terence. 

I won't, says Pierre-Louis. Go to sleep now. That's what we're supposed to be doing.

He closes his eyes. 

There's a blanket under your seat, says Gaius. If you need one.

But Pierre-Louis is already asleep.

On the other side of Gaius, in the window seat, Vello is cursing.

What's the matter? asks Gaius. 

This wretched duck, says Vello. 

I thought Terence had it, says Gaius.

I have it, says Vello. The girl left it behind.

Ah, the second duck, says Gaius. 

I can't get comfortable, says Vello.

Give it to me, says Gaius. I'll deal with it.

Thanks, says Vello. 

He hands Waca to Gaius.

Gaius will know what to do with a superfluous duck.

Vello curls up as well as he can in an economy seat.

Knees to nose. Not ideal. But better, without the duck. How long this flight is. Can't they invent something better, involving teleportation......using a 3D printer... I'm sure I've seen...that reminds me.....I should have gone to the toilet, curses... how to get past three people, and Terence on the floor at the end .... with another duck, covered in carrot... no it's not worth the trouble.

Next to him Gaius has jammed the superflous duck (Waca) into the left side pocket of his chinos.

And leaned back, closing his eyes.... 

Beside him, Pierre-Louis is fidgeting. Jupiter's balls! Is he going to fidget like that for the next who- knows-how-many hours? He should have a blanket.

Gaius leans forward and sideways to reach under Pierre-Louis's seat.

What are you doing? asks David. 

Trying to find Pierre-Louis a blanket, says Gaius.

Have mine, says David. Ah! At last! The queue is down to one person. I'm off.

He stands up quickly and heads for the toilet.

Wah! says Terence. He stepped on Cwaca! Cwaca's broken!

Cruuuurgk! says Cwaca.

Which proves he is broken.


No comments: