Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bee Memory 2

And that's not my only bee memory. I have a bee memory for each of my children. Here is the second.

It was about 10 years ago. We were living in a house with a beautiful garden. Every day I would hang the bathroom towels out to dry in the sun.

One morning Sean came down the stairs with a stricken look. I've been stung by a bee! he said. In the bathroom! It was on my towel!

I felt guilty because I had brought the bee in on the towel.

Or possibly, we were living in the house with the swimming pool. Or this house, with the apricot tree. He didn't come down the stairs then, because there were/are no stairs. But he had a stricken look, and was holding a towel. I just got stung by a bee! he said. In the bathroom!

I felt guilty because I had brought the bee in on the towel.

Or it's even possible, now I think about it, that the bee wasn't on the towel at all. The bee was inside the tee shirt that he had put on after his shower. And he said, I just got stung by a bee! It was inside my tee shirt!

And I felt guilty, because it still would have been me that brought the bee in, on the tee shirt.

No comments: