Thursday, September 28, 2017

Flash Scrape Zing!

In the background, a splashing sound. Laughter. A potato pot, clinking.

Terence, Baldy and Butterball are washing the dishes

Méen and Maclou lean back on low stools either side of Saint Roley's pile of cushions.

And sit up again.

Feeling warm, they reach up and pull off their knitted hats at the same moment.

Flash! Flash!

Golden haloes! Would you believe it!

The haloes buzz softly.

The dishwashing infants don't hear them, because of the scraping.

Scrape, scrape.

Baldy is scraping congealed potato from the potato pot.

He is using both parts of oyster granny, which were joined once, when granny lived inside.

The two Welsh monks have known one another a long time.

They often do things together.

The hat removal being the most recent example.

Now they both lean forward and place a wrinkled hand on either side of the little bird face of Saint Roley, because he looks so pale and so helpless.

And zing!!!

Electricity. Miracle or science.

Brrruuurrr! An electric current runs through the head of Saint Roley.

All the dreams he was having
All words he was sneezing
Assemble

Saint Roley sits up.

And is suddenly ARTICULATE.

It seems I have survived, says Saint Roley. Who may I thank for it? Where is my brother? Never mind. I must bury granny. But no, I perceive she is doing the dishes. I wish now I had gone back for the dermal denticle. The perfect tool for scraping off congealed potato. Oh no! What's happened to my feathers!

Probably nothing more than an imbalance of electrical charges, says Méen.

No comments: