Saturday, December 3, 2011

Philosophical Crumbs

Are you going to put them in, Aunty Kobo? asked Baby Pierre.

I don't think so, not yet, said Kobo. I think I'll just keep them in this hessian bag until Ageless comes round.

I thought you wanted them desperately, said Baby Pierre.

I've been reading Kierkegaard, said Kobo. And I now see things differently. Life is about repetition, not radical change.

No, aunty, said Baby Pierre. You can't have read Kierkegaard properly, if that's what you think. What are you reading exactly?

Repetition and Philosophical Crumbs, said Kobo. But I haven't begun Philosophical Crumbs. Have you read it, Baby Pierre?

Bet he HASN'T! said Lavender. Bet he's just showing off.

Alright, smarty clever clogs, I haven't, said Baby Pierre. But I've read Potted Philosophers, and I know Kierkegaard was the father of existentialism and also a Christian, who invented the term Leap of Faith.

I don't like the sound of that much, said Kobo. I might leave Philosophical Crumbs. Now, as you are so knowledgeable, Baby Pierre.......

Knowledgeable! sniggered Lavender. He's only read Potted Philosophers.

I'm sure it's more than you've read, Lavender, said Kobo severely.

Lavender went off behind an envelope full of dried seeds, to sulk.

Now as I was saying, continued Kobo, as you're so well-informed, Baby Pierre, can you recommend any other philosophers to me, preferably beginning with K ?

Kant, said Baby Pierre.

Oh, never mind then, said Kobo.

No comments: