Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ice Wind and Waves

All sorted? asked Dr Suzanne Miller.

Yes, said Mr Lee. He's having the positive negative.

Good choice, said Dr Suzanne Miller. Would you like it in a bag, Mr Ageless?

No thank you, said Ageless. I have a backpack at the information desk.

Well goodbye then, Mr Ageless, said Dr Suzanne Miller. Perhaps we shall see you next week at the final Sprigg Lecture for the year?

Err...what is it about? asked Ageless.

Ice, Wind and Waves, said Dr Suzanne Miller.

Count me in, said Ageless. We lobsters don't like ice, but two out of three's not bad.

Mr Lee accompanied him to the information desk.

I need to pick its eyes out, said Ageless.

The trilobite's? said Mr Lee. Maybe I can help you. And if you're not pressed for time, perhaps you'd like to see my own collection of fossils in the lab downstairs. I have some trilobites, including several giant ones.

I would, said Ageless, little realising the counterfactual that was about to happen.

No comments: