Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Snacks From The Snackers

Rear Admiral Bruni d'Entrecasteaux : Forgive me, but your son does not look at all like you.

Ageless Lobster: There are all kinds of families.

Rear Admiral Bruni: Indeed, but one must be careful these days.

Ageless Lobster: I hope you are not insinuating that our relationship is something distasteful.

Rear Admiral Bruni: Certainly not. But I couldn't help noticing the skewers.

Ageless Lobster: Ah. They are not not for the rescue, but in case I come across a snack.

Rear Admiral Bruni: You may do, but down here they are difficult to tell from the snackers.

Ageless: I pride myself on being a competent spotter.

Rear Admiral Bruni: I'm sure you do. Watch out for that stingray!

Ageless: Where!

Rear Admiral Bruni: Only kidding. Not far now. Have you thought about how to get back?

Ageless: I had a red paper submersible, but Black Jack ruined it.

Rear Admiral Bruni: That thing?

Ageless: I laundered it, but now look. It's in tatters.

Rear Admiral Bruni: Something else will come up. It always does under the ocean.

Ageless: Look! Coming towards us!

Rear Admiral Bruni: Sea dragons! Your submersible must have attracted them!

First Ruby Sea Dragon: Have you come to watch the rescue?

Rear Admiral Bruni: Rescue of what?

Second Ruby Sea Dragon: Of Baby Pierre. Someone is coming to rescue him shortly.

Ageless: That's me. I am already here.

Rear Admiral Bruni: It is. I can attest to it.

First Ruby Sea Dragon: Ooh!

Second Ruby Sea Dragon: Ooh, super! It's happening.

Baby Pierre (from under a gaggle of ruby sea dragons): Daddy! You're here!

Ageless: My son!

Baby Pierre: I knew someone would come and find me.

Ageless: Yes, me. You knew it?

Baby Pierre: No, I didn't know it would be you. I thought you were on Woody Island, spotting ruby sea dragons, but look, there are lots of them here!

Ageless: Yes I see. Lots of them. Do you think anyone would miss a short skewerful?

First Ruby Sea Dragon: Joking right?

Ageless: Ha ha NO!

He spears the First Ruby Sea Dragon with the skewer, and attacks the Second, who flees.

Rear Admiral Bruni: I say! Rescue first.

Ageless (chomping on the bony tail of the first Sea Dragon): Rescue first? No wonder you.....

Rear Admiral Bruni: Are you about to insult me?

Ageless: Of course not.

( He was. But thought better of it, as he has no idea how to get back.)

No comments: