Thursday, November 3, 2016

Size Of Space Matters

How big should the space be? asks Kong.

What space? asks Gaius.

The space for the list of possible habitats, says Kong.

E-huuh! sighs Gaius. A square inch would do.

Why don't we research it now? says Kong. Then there won't be an error.

All right, says Gaius. You do that, while I try and remember 'To Do' number four, which thanks to you, I have forgotten.

He sits down on the bed, heavily. Kong bounces up, and over to Gaius's spider book on the table.

I'm disappointed, says Baby Pierre.

Me too, says Terence. I wish NOT wasn't here. Why are you disappointed?

No hat, says Baby Pierre. And Daniel O'Connell hasn't given me his waistcoat.

Forgive me, says Daniel O'Connell. I meant to. I too am disappointed. This trip is supposed to be MY crowd-funded family discovery and dancing holiday. And I'm treated like an add-on.

What's the matter with you now? asks Ying.

Only Terence got something, says Baby Pierre. We didn't.

I have a surprise for you, says Ying.

She opens her handbag.

She takes out a boxed Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.

Opens the box, takes out the figures, removes their felt hats.

One hat for Daniel O'Connell (Don Quixote's) one hat for Baby Pierre (Sancho Panza's).

Now Terence is jealous, even though he has a sunhat.

Ah! says Kong. Here we are. Macaroeris nidicolens prefers bushes in warm, dry, sunny or half-shaded areas. You see, Gaius, how much space your square inch would have wasted!

Drat! says Gaius. Four was just on the tip of my tongue!

What about giving me the waistcoat? says Baby Pierre. It would look good with my Sancho Panza hat.

But then.... says Daniel O'Connell, I'd be a bare Don Quixote.

You can wear the rest of the outfit, if you can get into it, says Ying. The jerkin, and the slashed breeches.

Daniel O'Connell is sorely tempted, but he has been through the logistics before.

What if.....? What if he crammed four legs in each leg hole?

No, thank you. Too restrictive for dancing.

FERRY! says Gaius. Book a ferry.

Ferry? What for? asks Ying.

Have I not mentioned it? says Gaius. The Macaroeris nidicolens may turn out to be a red herring. If so, we should relocate to Gran Canaria, where a new endemic lineage of the spider genus Loxosceles has been found. They have a very nasty bite, and a volcanic connection.

Oh, really! snaps Ying.



No comments: