Monday, September 16, 2019

A Square One!

A family has ensconced themselves in the recliners that Katherine has booked.

Excuse me, says Katherine. These are our recliners.

You can't book recliners, says the father.

Yes, you can, says Katherine. She waves her seat numbers in front of the eyes of the father.

The family stays put. What ferals.

Oh, look! says Margaret. Are those bed bugs?

The family jumps up, and starts looking for unoccupied recliners.

They find three, right next to the ones they've vacated.

Lucky we brought our bug spray, says Margaret, spraying her recliner.

Don't spray mine, says Terence.

The family looks suspicious.

Was it a plot to get rid of them?

The daughter stands up and walks over to Terence.

Why? says the daughter. Aren't there any?

Better be, says Terence. I'm going to catch some and feed them to my parrot.

What parrot? asks the daughter? I don't see a parrot.

Downstairs. You can come with me, says Terence. But first I have to catch at least ten bed bugs.

I hope you're not thinking of sneaking below decks to feed your parrot, says Margaret.

No, says  Terence. I'm not even thinking.

I'll help you, says the daughter.

......

Below decks, Jinjing is making polite conversation.

Jinjing: This will be my first time in Tasmania.

Shih Tsu: Ditto.

Wombat: I'm a local. Oo! Excuse me!

Jinjing: Nothing wrong with being a local.

Wombat: No. I meant excuse the bad smell.

Jinjing: Certainly. Argh!

Wombat: The scats spend so long in my gut. By the time they pop out, they're very dry and smelly.

Shih Tsu: Oh! My goodness! It's a square one!

Jinhjing; I think you mean cubic.

Shih Tsu: Yes I mean cubic. But how do you DO them?

Wombat: Could be worse. At least they don't have sharp corners.

Jinjing: And I guess they don't roll away.

Wombat: True, they stay where you put them.

Shih Tsu: How useful is that though?

Wombat: It's quite useful for marking out territory.

Jinjing: If you don't mind me asking.... but no, I shouldn't.

Shih Tsu: Let me ask. I'm not shy. Do you have a square anus?

Wombat: Actually no, the scat forms into a cubic shape much earlier. A puzzle for which science has recently come up with an answer.

Jinjing: What is it?

Wombat: It's a half baked sort of answer. It seems our intestines have two grooves in the stretchier parts. But I can't visualise how that works.

Shih Tsu: Yes, four grooves might explain it.

Jinjing: No, even that is not feasible...

Here the conversation ceases. An official has come in to replenish the water.





1 comment:

Allan Webber said...

Enlightenment comes in various shapes and forms.