Sunday, September 29, 2019

What Do Or How Do

So we're none the wiser, says Gaius.

I am, says P. krameri.

Wisely Gaius does not ask the nature of this wisdom.

P. krameri stares pointedly at his feet.

Nothing wrong with them, ever.

What's Jinjing capable of doing? asks Arthur.

I don't know the details, says Gaius. But it seems he flies, and converses freely.

Drone robot? says Arthur.

Gaius had not thought of that.

.......

Are we there yet? asks Terence.

No, says Katherine. We're just passing through Ulverstone, the first dot on your map.

I haven't got the map, says Terence.

It's still taped to the roof, says Katherine. Stop, Margaret. We should take it off.

Yes! I need it, says Terence.

So Margaret grits her teeth and pulls up in Ulverstone, near the War Memorial Clock.

Katherine gets out and detaches the map from the roof.

I see a coffee shop, says Katherine. Shall we stop for a coffee?

No, says Margaret. We'll be stopping in Penguin. We can't keep on stopping.

Katherine gets back in the car. Hands the map over to Terence.

Terence and Jinjing look at the map.

Was this made for me? asks Jinjing.

Yes, says Terence. See this dot here. I made that. That's Penguin. And Katherine did this one. That's where we were going to meet you, but you turned up early.

Thank you anyway, says Jinjing.

What good manners, says Terence. The Bin Penguins will like you.

I look forward to meeting them, says Jinjing.

Don't go overboard, says Terence. Let's think of a joke.

Okay, says Jinjing. You think and I'll think.

May I think? asks Katherine.

No, says Terence. Not unless we get stuck.

What do jokes start with? asks Jinjing.

What do penguins  or how do penguins, says Terence.

That sounds useful.


No comments: