Saturday, September 7, 2019

Risky Love

I suppose you have many things to do, says Gaius.

I do, says Katherine. So have we decided we're taking the ferry?

Gaius looks at Arthur. Have we?

Sure, says Arthur.

Then I'll go ahead and book, says Katherine. See you all later.

She leaves.

Cheese, says Gaius. What was she talking about?

I don't know, says Arthur. Maybe she's doing a cheese tour while Margaret looks for geological evidence.

I wish I hadn't mentioned the ferry, says Gaius. The ferry docks in Devonport. Flying to Hobart would have been more convenient.

We can still fly to Hobart, says Arthur. And they'll be on the ferry.

Ah! says Gaius. The penny drops. Thank you Arthur. But the ladies won't like it.

You can say you'll meet up with them later, says Arthur.

Yes, of course. What would I do without you? says Gaius. Will you book our flights?

Is Terence coming? says Arthur.

I wonder if Terence would like to go on the ferry? says Gaius.

What did you say? asks Terence.

Would you like to go on the ferry with Katherine and Margaret? says Gaius.

YES! says Terence. I LOVE the ferry. And they'll spoil me.

Right, says Arthur.

He doesn't ask about the parrots.

Jinjing and P. krameri are talking to Baby Pierre who has arrived to pick up his bicycle.

You are lucky, says P. krameri.

Why? asks Baby Pierre.

You got your bike back, says P. krameri.

Why wouldn't I ? asks Baby Pierre.

Mouldy could have kept it, says P krameri.

Kept it, says Jinjing.

No he couldn't, says Baby Pierre. Where is Mouldy anyway?

No one knows, says P. krameri. Last seen riding through Hong Kong Airport being sprayed blue.

What on? asks Baby Pierre.

A red bike, says Jinjing.

No one asked you to say that, says P. krameri.

Woop! says Baby Pierre. Why does someone have to ask him to say stuff?

He works on a button, says P. krameri. He repeats what you say.

But he doesn't, says Baby Pierre. That implies sentience.

Not much, says P. krameri.

You don't like Jinjing do you, says Baby Pierre. I like him.

I like you, says Jinjing.

And he loves Arthur, says P.krameri, nastily.

That's risky, says Baby Pierre.

No comments: