Sunday, August 14, 2022

Pocket Fluff

Baby Pierre and Ouvert wait at the side of the road.

Along comes a bicycle.

They roll to the middle, which is dangerous.

Nico stops.

Quest-ce que c'est?

But let us not make Nico speak French, if we don't have to.

Stop! cries Baby Pierre. Are you going to Le Havre?

Quoi? says Nico. Sorry, what?

Le Havre, says Baby Pierre.

And me , says Ouvert.

Pebbles that speak, says Nico. Am I going crazy?

No, says Baby Pierre. Did you watch the Tour de France by any chance?

Of course, says Nico. Were you at the side of the road as it passed by?

I was IN it, says Baby Pierre. Ouvert wasn't.

He crashed, says Ouvert. 

I do not believe you, says Nico. And I am not going to Le Havre, but I am going to Rouen. You can travel with me. My name is Nico.

Nico does not have a panier vélo. He sweeps up the two pebbles and drops them into his shorts pocket.

He resumes cycling, towards Rouen.

In the pocket, it is dark and fluffy. The pocket moves up and down.

What's all this fluff? asks Ouvert.

Pocket cotton fluff, says Baby Pierre. Don't worry.

But Ouvert is now sneezing badly. Achoo!

Nico! cries Baby Pierre. Stop! Ouvert is sneezing.

Nico stops. Drags them both out of his pocket.

Achoo! goes Ouvert.

Pocket fluff, explains Baby Pierre.

I was not expecting residents, says Nico. But perhaps it is just an old tissue. Would you prefer my shirt pocket?

I would, says Ouvert.

Nico transfers them.

Why is Nico cycling in shorts and a shirt?

Of course, it is not a business shirt.

It is a polo, with one small front pocket.

And the cool thing is, there's a hole in the pocket, so the pebbles can see out.

And also, no pocket fluff to speak of.

Nico gets going.

Soon he sees Belle in the distsnce.  

A young woman, on her own! Super! He speeds up.


No comments: