Thursday, August 4, 2022

String is Everywhere

I suppose I should leave you, says Roo-kai. But this is rather pleasant.

Stay with us, says Baby Pierre.

I should report back to Terence, says Roo-kai.

Phooey to Terence! says Baby Pierre.

Ouvert sniggers.

But what about Belle? asks Roo-kai. She's the one doing the pedalling.

Who is Belle? asks Ouvert.

A kind-hearted person, says Roo-kai. She had no sooner finished the Tour de France Femmes race when she agreed to come on this mission.

Did she win? asks Ouvert.

I believe she came somewhere in the middle, says Roo-kai. A good result, seeing she was  a ring-in.

Maybe we should let her find us, says Ouvert.

And look like losers? says Baby Pierre. What does Terence want with me anyway?

To be honest, says Roo-kai, it was me who wanted to find you. 

So he doesn't want to find me, says Baby Pierre.

I guess not, says Roo-kai. 

This puts a new spin on it.

Okay, says Baby Pierre, but he's got my two sets of wheels, did you say?

Yes, in his pocket, with the frog team, says Roo-kai.

I have an idea, says Ouvert.

What is it? asks Baby Pierre.

How about we set a trap for them? says Ouvert.

You can't do that, says Roo-kai. I would know about it.

Whose side are you on? asks Ouvert.

The side of responsible behaviour, says Roo-kai.

Didn't you get a medal for spying? asks Baby Pierre.

Yes, says Roo-kai. But if you're setting a trap for Belle and Terence, I feel I should warn them.

Go on then, says Baby Pierre.

Not yet, says Roo-kai.

He wants to know what the trap is, says Ouvert.

So do I, says Baby Pierre.

String, says Ouvert. 

Right! I've heard enough. I'm going, says Roo-kai.

He executes a vertical take-off.

String, says Baby Pierre. Where will we get it?

String is everywhere, says Ouvert. We'll stop in the next village.

I like you, says Baby Pierre.


No comments: