Monday, July 24, 2023

Parrot With String

Team Philosophe and Team Condor have met up for crepes at La Creperie du Clown, in Paris.

Terence has brought his new parrot.

It's two wooden ducks joined together.

Nice toy, says Arthur. Is it your new parrot?

It's not a real parrot, says Terence. It's got string.

That means you can teach it to fly, says Arthur. 

Don't encourage him, says Belle.

Is everyone ready to order? asks a waiter.

I am, says Gaius. One buerre sucre.

I'll have the same, says David.

I'll have a citron pressé, says Vello.

Sweezus and Arthur order Nutellas.

Ranger Roger and Pierre-Louis choose caramel salé.

Belle goes for a jam one, myrtille. 

Now the Tour is over, says Vello, what are everyone's plans?

I ought to go home, says Pierre-Louis. 

Must you? says Gaius. I was hoping you might come back to Adelaide.

What for? asks Pierre-Louis.

In search of the orange-bellied parrot, says Gaius.

Aren't they extinct? asks Sweezus.

Not quite, says Gaius. Although they are possibly extinct in Adelaide. There's the challenge.

How can you be extinct in Adelaide? asks Sweezus.

Good question, says Vello. I ask myself that quite often.

Very funny, says David. So what are our plans?

Back to the office, says Vello. People to interview. The list has piled up. I'll leave the lesser lights to Sweezus.

Hey, says Sweezus. I need a break first.

Make it brief, says Vello.

The crepes have arrived.

They start eating.

Ranger Roger finishes first. He's a fast eater.

Want to hear the second half of my Tour Poem? asks Ranger Roger.

Yes, we'd love to, says Belle.

Ranger Roger stands up.

"A rest day (says Ranger Roger)

The disappearing egg trick

No sleeve needed for that

Terence becomes an icon

Known as infant-and-hat

A second rest day

On the monkey bridge Terence cracks

But he'll recover

Belle bought him a wooden duck that quacks".

Ranger Roger sits down again.

Terence claps.


No comments: