Friday, June 28, 2019

China That

They have left Grace Swan in her office.

They are now on their way to the airport, in an Uber.

Sprocket looks rueful.

What's up? asks Arthur.

She's coming, says Sprocket.

Only if you get on the team, says Arthur.

But I will, says Sprocket.

Sure you will, says Arthur.

Gaius too looks rueful.

What's up? asks Elodie. Still fussing about the camper?

Yes, says Gaius. We may find ourselves with a large bill.

Don't pay it, says Elodie. They should be ashamed of those messages.

True, says Gaius.

Shu too looks rueful.

What's up? asks Ar-Lu-Lun.

Nothing, says Shu. If only I had a companion......

You've got me and Baby Pierre, says Ar-Lu-Lun.

A particular companion, says Shu. But it's not to be. That is my sorrow.

Speaking of sorrow, I wish I HAD danced in good lighting, says Ar-Lu-Lun. Imagine!

Imagine what? asks Lavender.

Imagine I had a video of me dancing, in good lighting, says Ar-Lu-Lun. I'd play it to every female maratus I met.

How would they know it was you? asks Lavender.

They'd know by his markings, says Baby Pierre.

You WOULD say that, says Lavender. Are you really going to China?

Yes, says Baby Pierre. The world beckons.

I've already been, says Lavender. Watch out for your bicycle.

Did I ask for advice? says Baby Pierre.

Someone might steal it, says Lavender. You could leave it with me.

No way! says Baby Pierre. It's a BOY'S bike.

I know a boy who would mind it, says Lavender.

Mind it? Which boy?

They have now reached the airport.

Gaius pays the driver.

It's now time to part ways.

Adelaide this way, then Brussels.

China that.

No comments: