Thursday, June 27, 2019

Vinegar And Clippers

Sprocket has finished turpsing the paint from his toenails.

Let me see, dear, says Grace. Oh my goodness, I knew it!

It's the big toes. They look whitish.

I have a cure for it, says Shu. Vinegar and clippers.

See, ma, says Sprocket. No problem.

Hmm, says Grace. It's not that easy to get rid of.

And a special Chinese herb, says Shu.

Sprocket looks grateful.

Better give it to me before you head off to China, says Sprocket.

When is he going? asks Grace.

This afternoon, says Arthur. And we're leaving too.

I still think your video would benefit from the spider mating dance, says Grace. It seems to me the whole point of the project.

He won't just DO it, says Sprocket.

I might, says Ar-Lu-Lun.

Sprocket turns on his camera.

With the right lighting, says Ar-Lu-Lun.

Well, this is precious!

All because he heard Grace say it's amazing what lighting can do.

Do it quickly, says Arthur. We need to get going.

Knock!

There's a knock at the door.

It's Gaius and Elodie. Elodie is carrying a tin.

We meet again, says Grace Swan. I've been hearing about your project.

The deaths you mean? says Gaius. Yes, most unfortunate. But we have Ar-Lu-Lun.

Deaths? No, says Grace. The beautiful mating dance. Ar-Lu is going to perform it, when we set up the lighting.

No he isn't, says Gaius. Because we must leave at once. There's been a problem with the camper.

What? asks Arthur.

They didn't like us painting out the misogynist message, says Gaius.

Really? says Grace. What was the message?

S IF Y, says Gaius. That is the remainder. I leave you to work out the rest. Now they want us to pay for the restoration of the original message

Why not do it yourselves? says Grace. Sprocky could film it for his video.

Ma, says Sprocket, we have to go. I'm riding in the Tour de France next Saturday.

Most of us are, says Gaius.

You can watch it on the telly, ma, says Sprocket.

No need, says Grace Swan. I'll be coming.

No comments: