Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Horror! Sniff! Hic!

I didn't wish you'd be riding a lobster, says Terence.

Then who did? asks his Charitchi. I loved my Harley.

Woop, says Terence. Now you're riding a lobster. That proves life isn't fair.

Life should be fair for a digital pet, says Charitchi.

Yes, says Terence. And it should be fair for someone who used to live in a palace.

Meaning you? asks Charitchi.

Meaning me, says Terence. And someone whose toe just fell off.

Meaning you? asks Charitchi.

Me again, says Terence. Can you smell fish glue?

I don't smell, says Charitchi.

Lucky you, says Terence.

Let me see the toe, says Charitchi.

Terence elevates the toe in question, so Charitchi can see it.

Ha ha ha ha, laughs Charitchi.

Why is it laughing? 

Terence looks at his fish-glued toe.

Horror! The toenail is missing! 

He calls Gaius. 

Gaius is talking to someone, on his phone.

Yes that would be a pair of hooded plovers. If you see any more, take a picture. By the way, Saint Roley has returned. No I don't think so, shall I ask him? All right, would you like to talk to Terence, he's had a slight mishap.... here Terence, tell Sweezus what's happened....

Terence: Guess what?

Sweezus: You had a mishap.

Terence: Two mishaps. 

Sweezus: What was the first one?

Terence: My big toe fell off.

Sweezus: Has Gaius fixed it with fish glue?

Terence: Yes and now my toenail is missing! Wah! Hic!

Sweezus: Calm down, little buddy. Your toenails are different from most people's toenails. They're an integral part of your toe. 

Terence: What does that mean?

Sweezus, They're cement, yeah? So your toe and toenail are all in one piece. Your toenails don't fall off and grow back like ours do. 

Terence: Well it's MISSING! And my Charitchi is laughing!

Sweezus: Okay little dude, maybe he knows where it is. Ask him.

Terence: Sniff! Hic!

Gaius: It's me again. Saint Roley doesn't have a receipt for the thermometer. 

Sweezus: Bugger. That means we'll have to go all the way to the lighthouse.

Gaius: I thought that was the plan anyway.

Sweezus: It'll have to be now. Has Terence found his toenail?

Gaius: Toenail? What toenail?

Sweezus: He reckons it's missing.

Gaius: Impossible! Let me look..... ahh... I see what's happened. I've glued it on upside down.


No comments: