Saturday, February 20, 2010

Luminarium

The Premier Mike Rann is furious when he hears how the Velosophers have been treated. He arranges a meeting with them at once.

The Premier: I'm terribly sorry, gentlemen, that you weren't allotted a suitable tent. It's quite outrageous. I can only say that I'm doing everything in my power to put things right.

Le Bon David: Oh that's perfectly alright, Premier. We are used to young people not knowing who we are.

The VeloDrone: Speak for yourself, David. I am not used to it.

The Premier: Dear me. Young people. But they are wonderful in other ways of course. Now, I'm trying to arrange for you to have free use of the Luminarium in Rymill Park. Otherwise known as the Amococo Tent. There's plenty of room in it for your bicycle tricks and lots of interesting little corners for your knockabout brand of stand-up comedy.

The VeloDrone: I beg your pardon. Did you say knockabout?

The Premier: Why, was that wrong?

The VeloDrone: We don't do knockabout standup. We do philosophy. And impressions.

The Premier: Oh really? I thought..... with the bicycles.... Well, well. And who do you do?

Le Bon David: Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy.

The Premier: Ah! Who's on first?

Le Bon David: Yes. What's on second.

The Premier: And your philosophy?

The VeloDrone: Our philosophy concerns Ethics and Economics. For instance, I believe the general public pay two dollars entry to this Amococo Tent. Where does that leave us? How much........

The Premier: Unfortunately I seem to be late for a meeting. We shall have to continue this interesting discussion another time. Goodbye, gentlemen. Enjoy our fabulous Fringe!

No comments: