Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Wonderful Impression

The VeloDrone is chewing his pen. Le Bon David looks over his shoulder at a blank piece of paper .

Is this your review of Control-Alt-Delete? he asks.

Yes, says the VeloDrone. I knew you should have been the one to go to it. I'm not into computers.

But it said in the program 'geeks and non geeks will love it!'

I'm not saying I didn't like it, says the VeloDrone.

You're not saying anything, observes Le Bon David. How do you think we're going to earn any money if you can't even write a simple review of a show that you liked.

The VeloDrone begins to write furiously. After several minutes he thrusts the paper at his colleague. Le Bon David reads it aloud:

It was hot downstairs at The Bull and Bear in the comedy room. The bar was air conditioned but this little room was not. Nevertheless Dan Willis soon had the crowd laughing at his geeky computer jokes. I was sitting in the front row. He asked me what my job was. I don't know why I told him I was a debt collector. He thought that was extremely funny. After that I couldn't concentrate. I do remember one joke that I didn't get because it was in binary. And another one that I think I did get, but is far too rude to mention.

A debt collector! says Le Bon David. Nice touch. There, that wasn't so hard was it?

What? says The VeloDrone. You don't mean to say you think that it's alright.?

Of course it is, says Le Bon David. I think it gives a wonderful impression.

No comments: