Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Information-Rich Half Woman

Welcome to my attempt to discover connectivity in random things. The second random thing is :

The Information-Rich Half Woman.

Last weekend we went to the beach twice. Once with our daughter, on Saturday afternoon, and once without her, on Sunday afternoon. On Saturday it was cloudy and cool.

On Sunday it was sunny, but it was very chilly on the beach. I took a photograph of the esplanade for a reason that escapes me now.

I loaded the photo onto Facebook, where my daughter commented that it looked a little colder than the day before.

I was surprised. In the photo it looked sunny and there were several people on the beach in shorts. What are the clues? I asked.

The woman on the far right, she answered. An outfit for a cold day.

The woman on the far right was so far to the right that she was only half a woman. I had hardly noticed she was in the picture at all. She was middle aged, wearing one sensible shoe, half a pair of wide black pull-on trousers, half a sleeveless fleece, one sleeve of a red long-sleeved sweater and half a pair of sunglasses. She was, needless to say, walking on the esplanade, not down on the beach.

My daughter is good at processing information.

No comments: