Monday, June 13, 2011

The Choice

Greetings, said Pliny the Elder. I did not expect to see you today. I thought you might have been delayed by the volcanic ash.

Oh no, I replied. That was only Melbourne. Here I am, as you see. How have you been? I see you haven't touched the organic baked beans, the hairy melon or the second hand bread.

I have been eating out, said Pliny. I did not wish to open your fridge, which contained evil tomatoes.

Nonsense, Pliny I said. Those tomatoes were not evil.

Take a look, said Pliny. They have developed evil black spots.

So they have, I said, opening the fridge. I shall have to make them into soup.

Then I shall eat out again, said Pliny. But first, tell me, how was your holiday in Sydney?

It was lovely Pliny, I said. My grandchildren are delightful. And I have learned some new songs.

Sing me one, said Pliny. I quite enjoy listening to music in the morning.

Would you like Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog, The Galumph Frog Song, Or Nicholas Ned, I asked?

I don't know, frowned Pliny.

No comments: