Monday, October 26, 2015

God Is Out Of The Machine

Inside the red box:

Mrs Bristlebird: What on earth do you mean, dear?

Mr Bristlebird: If only one of us were found alive, that would prove that the contents of the box, in this case us, were both alive and dead at the same time.

Mrs Bristlebird: I see, and that was Schrodinger's paradox?

Mr Bristlebird: Yes, it was supposed to seem ridiculous. His cat couldn't be alive and dead at the same time.

Mrs Bristlebird: But....there was only one cat.

Mr Bristlebird: True.

Mrs Bristlebird: So we're back where we started.

Outside the red box:

Sweezus: What do you think, Ray?

Ray: Very nice. I'll have my shirt back.

Unni: Dad, don't be so sour. Sweezus looks great. And look what it says on his top. Deus ex machina.

Ray: Hah!

Katherine: What's that Hah! for?

Ray: Did he pick it?

Unni: No I picked it. But he liked it.

Sweezus: What about the boardies?

Ray: Disgraceful. I was trying to ignore them.

Katherine: So am I. But they're starting to grow on me.

Unni: Let me take a photo, while they're still new.

Click. She takes a photo.

Katherine; Let me see it. Oh what a nice one. Send it to my phone.

Unni: Sure. Do you want it too, Sweezie?

Sweezus: Okay. I'll send it to Arthur. He'll be jealous.

It takes only a few seconds for the photo sending to happen.

In Antwerp:

Arthur is jealous.

Arthur: Look at this photo.

Pablo: Is that Sweezus? What does it say on his pants?

Arthur: Live Fast Die Last.

Pablo: I'm jealous. Are you jealous?

Arthur: Yes, I am.

Gaius: What's this about being jealous? Let me see. Ah, it's a photo of Sweezus. He looks better than he did in the last two.

Arthur: What last two?

Gaius: This one, and this one.

He shows Arthur and Pablo the photo of Sweezus smiling with the funnel web spider, and the one of him grimacing, with a Bristlebird perched on each shoulder.

Pablo: It looks like he has been having many crazy adventures!

Arthur: While we've been washed up at Kleine Hedoniste, making drunken poems with no substance.

Gaius: That's what I've been telling you. Are you ready to leave now?

Arthur: I am. Let's go.

Pablo: Me too. Let's get going.

The Manager: Not until you've paid the bill, boys.

Gaius: That should be no problem.

The Manager: Good. It's quite a large bill. I believe you have guaranteed it.

Gaius; Have I? How much is it?

The Manager: Three hundred and seventy euro.

Gaius: I'm not paying that.

The Manager: Then perhaps all three of you would like to put on a Masterclass for our party tonight, instead of paying? It's loungy-retro-jacket, especially-many-good-music night. Anything goes.

Gaius: All right.



No comments: