Friday, October 7, 2016

Red Spider Dancing On Weibo

Daniel O'Connell stays frozen for quite some time.

He has no idea what free gift to offer.

Li Feng stops recording the video.

Do you need a minute? asks Li Feng.

No he doesn't, says Baby Pierre. It's not his turn yet. It's my turn.

Li Feng resumes recording.

Kong Fu-Zi will have to do his bit again, says Baby Pierre. Because he just introduced Daniel O'Connell. And it isn't Daniel O'Connell. It's me.

Just talk, says Li Feng.

Okay, says Baby Pierre. It's me Baby Pierre. In a minute you'll see Daniel O'Connell. If you sponsor him to go to the Canaries, and he gets enough money, he'll give every sponsor a free spider egg which will hatch into a new baby Daniel O'Connell.....

Daniel O'Connell unfreezes.

Not likely! cries Daniel O'Connell, leaping in front of the iphone. Change of plan! Stop recording!

Li Feng stops recording.

This is a schemozzle, says Gaius.

It is, agrees Kong Fu-Zi. What a pity. I was quite proud of my contribution. Did you like the way I stressed the non-frivolous dancing?

I did, says Gaius. But I think you went too far when you promised free gifts. How is Daniel supposed to produce them?

I think you'll find spider eggs were not my suggestion, says Kong. I was thinking more of signed post cards.

Signed post cards! says Daniel O'Connell. Just what I was thinking! Roll the camera.

Let me, says Ying.

Yes, you do it, says Li Feng. You have an eye for it.

I do have an eye for it, says Ying.

She takes out her iphone.

She makes Daniel O'Connell stand in front of a box.

Which box? The box of Rooibos tea. A red box. It will show Daniel O'Connell to best advantage.

Now, go for it! says Ying.

Daniel O'Connell stands in front of the red box.

My proposal, says Daniel O'Connell, is to go to the Canaries and from there send everyone postcards. To do this I shall need extra stamps. Therefore, I propose to entertain you with a long-legged dance that I intend to teach to my relatives, the Black Jumping Spiders. Here I go now.

Daniel O'Connell surprises everyone with his Spider Dance. It is based on the one made famous by James Joyce. Well, not all that famous.

Bravo! cries Baby Pierre. That was funny! Now what?

Each person adds on the cost of a stamp to their donation, says Daniel O'Connell. Then off we go to the Canaries!

That's a wrap, says Ying, turning off her iphone.

Wait, I have to do my part again, says Kong.

No, never mind, says Ying.  I'll edit it. Don't worry. It'll be fine.

She presses some buttons.

This is going to be good, says Kobo.

She knows this because Ying is doing it, and she admires Ying.

Ying, who found a fossilised peach stone in Tasmania.

Beloved, says Ageless, it may not be so good. There are discontinuities.

But Ying will edit them, says Kobo. Watch her, she is doing it now.

Okay! says Ying. Kickstarter? Everyone happy with that? And I'll start up a website on Weibo. I'll call it Red Spider Dancing and link it to the crowdfunding platform.

Wow! How to get money.

Ying. Handy person to know.

No comments: