Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Play Your Cards Right, Get Peanuts

Terence and Feebee are looking at the cranes.

Nina is checking her photos.

So far she only has one.

It's a photo of the Pesquet, flying in through a window.

A flash of red wings. He looks good from the back.

But how lovely are the cranes!

With their long legs, grey white plumage and erect tuft of golden feathers.

Terence would rather rescue a crane.

He says so to Feebee.

But you have to rescue the Pesky, says Feebee. You promised.

I didn't promise, says Terence.

The Pesquet appears, landing on the grass before Terence.

I have a plan, says the Pesquet.

Did you learn how to ride a bicycle? asks Feebee.

That's part of it, says the Pesquet. Turns out I'm a natural.

What's the other part? asks Terence.

I'll be rescued, says the Pesquet. I'll come home with you. And I'll ride in your race. And I'll win it.

There is nothing like confidence. It draws others.

The cranes crowd over.

What's this? Can you ride a bicycle?

Yes, says the Pesquet. But with your legs you probably couldn't. However, I have no problem now with the bicycle training regime of my fellows. Turns out they get peanuts.

Peanuts! says Feebee.

Peanuts! says Terence.

Peanuts! say the cranes. Only peanuts?

Nina comes across with her iphone. This would make a great photo.

I'm coming with you, says the Pesquet. Did you guys come in a vehicle?

We came on the bus, says Nina.

Hmm, says the Pesquet.

But it's not a bad ending.

Terence has a new parrot. The Pesquet has a dream. Nina has a photo. Feebee, if she plays her cards right, will get Nina to buy her some peanuts.

They return to Santa Cruz, on the bus.

No comments: