Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Clik Clik Sweet Lips

Ageless finds his seat on the plane. He tucks himself underneath it.

Is it a window seat? asks Kobo, from inside the bag.

No, sweet lips, says Ageless. You should have asked me if you wanted a window seat.

Are there clouds? asks Kobo.

O yes, says Ageless. But we have not taken off yet.

A heavy person squeezes past Ageless, and sits in the window seat.

I sense dark patches, says Kobo.

Clik,,,,clik,,,, says Ageless. Did you pack a skimpy swimsuit?

I shiver when you say clik,,,, clik,,,, says Kobo. Especially with commas. And no, I didn't.

The heavy person hears something clicking, under the middle seat.

He leans down and pulls out the yellow plastic carry bag.

He calls the flight attendant over.

Yes sir, what is it?

Do you people call this a life jacket?

No sir. Your life jacket is located under your seat, sir.

I hope it's more substantial than this one.

I'll take it away, sir.

No! cries Ageless. It's my life jacket!

Good lord! says the heavy man. It's a lobster.

And I paid for my seat, says Ageless.

That's correct sir, says the flight attendant. But not for the next one.

She holds up the carry bag.

Hm. Is there something in it?

She peers in. It's a fossilised clam!

It's my own beloved, says Ageless. We're off to Barbados.

Let's get her out then, says the flight attendant. She can share your seat. Will she be needing a baby seat belt?

No, snaps Kobo. I will NOT need a baby seat belt.

Barbados, says the flight attendant. How WONDERFUL! But hey, are you flying via LA and Miami?

What of it? says Ageless.

I'd ditch the yellow carry bag, says the flight attendant. Just saying.

She heads back down the aisle to arm doors and be seated for takeoff.

Ageless is pressed next to Kobo. Clik,,,, clik,,,,

The yellow carry bag lies flat on the middle seat, beside them.

The heavy man is glancing sideways at the carry bag that had better be ditched before Los Angeles.

But he can't work out the reason.


No comments: