Friday, December 15, 2017

Constant Trouble

I might have known they'd be here, says Unni. Magpies are so territorial.

True, I never go beyond Redfern Park, says the magpie.

Now you'll have to, says Terence.

Quardle oodle ardle, says the magpie.

Magnificent bird call, says Unni.

Thank you, says the magpie. But just so you know, I'm not going anywhere.

That's okay, says Unni. You'll be fine without me.

What happened to friends for life? says the magpie.

I'll be back, says Unni, I'm just going to Brisbane for a while, to help these guys.

Cool, says Sweezus.

Wubbuboutmyteeth? mumbles Farky.

Oh yes, I'll have to cancel the dentist, says Unni.

This is good news and bad news to Farky.

Gaius will fix them with fish glue, says Arthur.

That only works if you have the teeth, says Unni. We were going to get implants.

Sheesh! says Sweezus. Implants! That would've cost a motza.

Yeah, says Unni, but I've made quite a bit from my dice app. And my two minute gym app.

Woah! says Sweezus, looking at Arthur.

What's the two minute gym app? asks Arthur.

My other app, says Unni. You exercise using full wine bottles, for two minutes. Good for arms mainly.

You're so inventive, says Belle.

Thanks, Belle, says Unni.

Meanwhile my life's falling apart, says the magpie.

Is it? says Terence.

She's going, says the magpie.

I'm going too, says Terence.

Who cares about you? says the magpie. I'm going to talk to snake boy.

He flies off in the direction of the Baptist fountain, and snake boy.

Terence follows. Farky goes too.

The Baptist fountain spouts water from lions.

Snake boy stands on top, intertwined with a snake.

The magpie lands on snake boy.

Humans, says the magpie. You can't trust them.

I've never had a problem with humans, says snake boy. Can't trust snakes though....

See? says Terence. That's a lesson.

What's the lesson? asks snake boy.

A lesson for this parrot, says Terence.

Hey! Want to swap places? asks snake boy.

No, says Terence.

He stomps back to the others, with Farky, making dents in the grass.

Farky stops to pee on the roots of a fig tree.

It's a nice park, Redfern.

It won a Green Flag Award once, for recreation and relaxation.....

No comments: