Monday, December 18, 2017

Those Bloody Koalas

The magpie's idea of a camera is different from Terence's idea of a camera.

The magpie is an excellent mimic. He can do a camera. But his camera has one big flaw.

Terence's idea of a camera is: SNAPPING SPIDERS!

This is a problem for Christmas, however.

Just now, before he sets out with Unni and the magpie and Farky for Brisbane, Terence is happy....

.......

G J Walter Park, near Toondah Harbour.

Gaius has finished his snacks and is about to stand up.

Saint Roley is anticipating a mollusc.....

....when two people with clipboards stroll by, and stop, facing the marina.

So the most frequently asked question, says the first person, is will I still be able to see Stradbroke Island from G J Walter Park?

Of course they will, says the second. Won't they?

Of course they will. The plan allows for filtered views to Stradbroke Island through the marina and foreshore park. See where I'm pointing?

Yes. Yes. All right. Tick that one. What's another?

Those bloody koalas!

Gaius stands up.

Good day, sir and madam. Would I be correct in thinking you're something to do with the Moreton Bay Regional Council Planning Scheme?

In a manner of speaking, says the first person. I'm Fay.

Environmental assessment post preliminary study, says the second. I'm Roy

Gaius Plinius Secundus, says Gaius.

No kidding says Fay. And you've got a pet curlew.

This is Saint Roley, says Gaius. He's not a curlew. He's an oystercatcher.

We're all brothers, says Saint Roley.

It talks, says Fay. That's so clever. Hello Saint Roley, do you want a biscuit?

If I wanted a biscuit, says Saint Roley, I could have had a Cheez Dipper. I'm hanging out for a fresh mollusc.

He is, says Gaius. I sincerely hope he'll be able to find one. The wetlands are to be filled in, I believe.

Only if we say so, says Roy. There are issues.

May we tag along? asks Gaius.

Why not? says Fay.

Towards the pink area, says Gaius.

I thought you said tag along, says Fay. We're doing koalas.

But Saint Roley wants a mollusc, says Gaius. Which is more pressing.

Okay, says Roy.

Off they head towards the pink wetlands.

Which are not really pink.

No comments: