Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Bottom Of The Half

Unni  has packed a few things in the back of her Mini.

We usually fly, says Terence. It's faster.

I know, says Unni. But we have to take Farky.

And me, says the magpie.

And you, says Unni.

How far is it? asks Terence.

Ten hours drive, says Unni.

And when we get there, will I get the camera? asks Terence.

You'll have to ask the magpie, says Unni.

It's for Christmas, says the magpie. You'll have to wait.

What if I see a spider before that? asks Terence.

I'll eat it, says the magpie.

Get in, guys, says Unni. Terence, you go in the back with Farky. Magpie, you're in the front with me. You can navigate.

I want to navigate, says Terence.

You can be backup, says Unni.

They pile in.

Unni turns the music up loud in the Mini.

Off they go.

.......

Saint Roley has still not decided.

He makes his way back to Gaius.

Any luck? asks Gaius.

Half a mollusc, says Saint Roley.

Odd, says Gaius. Half a mollusc?

Odd things happen these days, says Fay. Climate change is responsible.

Come on, Fay, says Roy. Not for everything.

Are we done here? asks Fay. We need to inspect the proposed koala corridor.

I won't come, says Gaius. I feel I should get to the bottom of the half mollusc.

Up to you, says Fay. I'm sure we'll meet again. Perhaps you'd like to make a submission.

Indeed, says Gaius. I might do that.

Fay and Roy squelch off back to the marina, to look for a tap.

I suppose you've already eaten it, says Gaius.

You bet I have, says Saint Roley.

If you find another one, says Gaius, show it to me first.

Okay, says Saint Roley, realising how awkward it will be if he joins the curlew protection racket.

And how awkward it will be if he doesn't.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice poem it is really amazing
http://jaanaan.com/300mb-movie/