Sunday, December 17, 2017

Thinking Of A Camera

Gaius and Saint Roley have made their way to Toondah Harbour.

They are checking it out.

Gaius has called up a plan of the projected developments on his iphone.

These pink spaces, says Gaius. See?

Saint Roley looks at the pink spaces on Gaius's iphone.

Pink. Humans are weird.

They make their way over to the G J Walter Park behind the marina, and sit on the grass.

Thwack! There's a hundred year old cricket field nearby.

Is there anything to eat? asks Saint Roley.

I believe I have an apple, says Gaius. Let me see.

He empties his back pack on the G J Walter grass.

An apple. A pack of Cheez Dippers. A box of raisins. All from an Emirates snack pack.

Fine for me, says Gaius. But I can see you would prefer a mollusc.

That is true. Saint Roley would prefer a fresh mollusc. It's reassuring that Gaius could see.

Saint Roley reflects that it is pleasant, travelling with Gaius.

He waits for Gaius to finish his apple, Cheez Dipper and raisins after which, he expects, they will make for the endangered pink wetlands.

.......

Back in Sydney, at Unni's house.

You're better off without them, says Belle.

I know, says Unni. I'm happy to help Gaius.

Remind him about the Tour Down Under, says Belle. He needs to be back in Adelaide for the 13th of January.

That's ages off, says Unni. Are Vello and David going in it?

Yes, says Belle. That reminds me. Christmas shopping! What'll I get them?

Terence is listening.

I see your brain ticking over, says the magpie.

How? asks Terence.

When she said Christmas, says the magpie. Your eyes rolled.

I get a scooter, says Terence.

Belle hears that.

Not every year, says Belle. That was last year. This year you may not get anything.

I'll get you something, says the magpie.

A worm, says Terence

I was thinking of a camera, says the magpie.


No comments: