Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Blue Cheese And Mustard

How is it that Pinky is at the edge of a hole?

Terence had brought her over to watch him digging.

He had not intended to forget her.

But he had done that.

He went back to Frances to ask for a sapling and got talking.

It wasn't his fault.

Frances was talking to Kobo and Ageless about the variety of trees being replanted.

Lemon aspen, says Frances, blue quandong, green fruited fig, emu apple, peanut tree, jam fruit and that's just the start.

How delightful, says Kobo. I wish I could see it.

Yeah well, says Frances. That's why we're here. And we get paid to do it.

Terence interrupts. Where's the noni? I've finished the hole.

Not a noni, says Frances.  A nonda. But there is such a thing. Ever tried noni-juice? They produce it round here.

Is it red? asks Terence.

Sort of, says Frances. Reddish. It's made from morinda fruit. Some people chew it.

I want some, says Terence.

I don't have any, says Frances. But you should look in the shops. Beware of the taste though.

How intriguing, says Kobo. I never eat or drink anything, but how does it taste?

Like blue cheese and hot mustard, says Frances.

aaah! says Kobo, mmmm.... I'm in love with it.......

for you,,,,,,my sensuous one,,,,,, says Ageless, I'll obtain some.

And for ME, says Terence.

Not for me, thanks, says Kobo. What I really desire is some sand. Where are the best beaches?

Nanum, says Frances, or the beach south of Rocky Point. Great sand. Don't mind me asking, but what will you.... err.... do in the sand?

I'll run with Pinky (says Kobo)
her snake finger flying
along an endless stretch of sand.
like two women running on a beach
by Picasso.

Eee! a vanishing sound arises from the hole that Terence had forgotten.

It comes from the bottom.

What's happened down there?

Pinky is unconscious, but the bandy bandies have awakened, due to the darkness.

night-time-alreadee? hungree-need-not-be

out-come-wee?

But emerging from Pinky they realise their error.

And fall asleep again, by her side.

A team member sees the hole, as yet unplanted.

He inserts a healthy young nonda plant, shovels dirt in, pats it gently, and moves on.



No comments: