Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Free And The Bonded

What now indeed?

The five female spiders can go their own way now.

Are we all off ? asks one.

I suppose so, says another. I hope I'm good at directions.

Who's going to give you directions? asks a third female spider.

I didn't mean that, says the second. I meant north, west and south.

And east, says a fourth one.

There, you see, says the second female spider. I'm no good at directions.

That's pretty basic, says the fifth.

I vote we stick together, says the first female spider. After all we've been through, we've bonded.

They agree that they've bonded.

I think we should find Ar-Lu-Lun, says the fourth one. Give him a second viewing.

Of us? asks the third one.

Of him, says the fourth.

Hee-hee, they all think this is funny.

What if they all turned up and gave Ar-Lu-Lun a second viewing?

Delicious.

But where did he go?

Smarty! says the first female spider. Let's ask Smarty.

There he is, riding his bicycle! says the third female spider.

She means Baby Pierre.

He won't like it if they all call him Smarty.

Hey! calls the first female spider. Smarty!

Baby Pierre continues to do wheelies and edgies.

Hey, YOU ON THE BIKE! calls the female spider.

Baby Pierre heads towards them and executes a grand stoppie.

Ruuuurch!

Five female spiders! They must have escaped from the tin. Ha ha Lavender.! But not escaped completely, because here they are under a shrub, calling him loudly.

Why have you stopped here? asks Baby Pierre. You might get re-captured.

No chance, Smarty, says the first female spider.

Why are you calling me Smarty? asks Baby Pierre.

Lavender, says the third female spider. She called you Smarty. She said she was smarter than you. But we escaped, so she isn't.

That doesn't make me a Smarty, says Baby Pierre. I'm Baby Pierre, atheist and free thinker.

Bus catcher and bike rider and and causer of accidents, says the fifth female spider.

Did Lavender say that? asks Baby Pierre.

She must have. He is secretly pleased.

Stop calling me Smarty, says Baby Pierre, and I'll help you. Want a lift anywhere?

We want a lift to Ar-Lu-Lun, says the first female spider.

The others raise their eyebrows. A lift? Do we?

Okay says Baby Pierre. I know where he is. Hop on.


No comments: