Monday, November 4, 2019

Ting! Plonk!

Captain Bruni steps onto his vessel.

What's this! De Kermadec, are you wounded?  You are missing a claw! What has happened! cries Captain Bruni.

Our game of pirates got out of hand, says Captain de Kermadec. It's my fault entirely.

Arthur! cries Katherine. Your knee! Captain Bruni, do you have any bandages?

And where is Terence? asks Gaius.

P. krameri's looking for him, says Arthur. Did you remember my burgers?

Damn! No, says Katherine. Forgot. I'll go back. Will they be closed yet?

Not yet, says Captain Bruni. You go. I'll find my old medicine chest. It's here somewhere.

He flings open his cupboards.

Sit down Arthur, says Gaius. Put your leg up.

Yes, put your leg up, says Captain de Kermadec. But first, give me my claw back.

Arthur returns it.

Will you attempt a reattachment? asks Gaius.

That won't be necessary, says Captain de Kermadec. I shall grow a new one. Meanwhile this severed one will be useful as a dental tool.

It'll STINK! says Captain Bruni.

Unfortunately, yes, says Captain de Kermadec. But it doesn't stink yet. How did your toot perform at dinner, Gaius?

Perfectly well, thank you, says Gaius.

Captain Bruni has found his medicine chest at last. He hands Arthur a fish-smelling bandage.

Thanks, says Arthur, winding it on.

I'm concerned about Terence, says Gaius. Did you say P. krameri was looking for him?

Yes, says Arthur. We know where he is, roughly.

And where is that? asks Gaius.

In a dinghy, says Arthur. Seems he cut himself loose.

Jumping jellyfish!! says Gaius. In the dark? What were you thinking?

At least he missed out on the bloodshed, says Arthur.

We must retrieve him, says Gaius. I'll get my torch, and scan the waters.

He rummages about in his back pack, for a torch.

....

Katherine is walking along the pontoon when she hears Jinjing sniffing.

He is sitting on a mooring bollard, staring into the darkness.

Why aren't you helping to find Terence? asks Katherine.

Why aren't you? asks Jinjing.

I will, when I get back with Arthur's burgers, says Katherine.

....

Terence is all alone in the dinghy.

It floats this way and that, in the dark.

Bump! Ting! Plonk!

Bump.

Lucky I'm the Captain, says Terence.


No comments: