Saturday, May 3, 2014

Are There Jellyfish On Cradle Mountain?

Lunch is over. Arthur and Unni have both had Seafood Steak Eye Fillet Pocketed with an Oyster.

A choice that has not escaped the barnacles, and Captain Louttit.

Eating an oyster! says Goose. That's what I call grossness.

Erk! says Wally. Catch me eating an oyster.

If I did, says Captain Louttit, you would be sorry.

Eat one? says Wally.

Catch you, says Captain Louttit.

Who? says Goose.

Hypotheticals, says Captain Louttit.

It is mildly interesting to follow the intellectual progress of the barnacles, and to note that their relationship with Captain Louttit is improving.

Dessert? says Schopenhauer. Go on, why not? I shall have Poached Pear Financier.

Gaius decides on Chocolate Ripple Vacherin on Kahlua cream.

Pass, says Unni.

I pass too, says Arthur. I've got some apples.

He takes from one of the four pockets of his new military jacket a couple of Coxes Orange Pippins.

Sorry, sir, says the waiter. I must ask you to eat those outside.

Arthur goes outside, followed by Unni.

This is crunch time, says Unni.

They're not crunchy, says Arthur. They're only crunchy when you eat them straight off the tree.

Like you would know, says Unni. But I 'm not talking about apples. We're in Launceston. This is where we head west to Cradle Mountain.

If we're going, says Arthur. Gaius doesn't want to.

I know, says Unni. You have to make him want to.

Arthur thinks about how he might make Gaius want to go to Cradle Mountain.

He wonders if there might be jellyfish there.


No comments: