Friday, July 9, 2021

Stage 13: Nimes to Carcassonne - Speed Up

Team Condor has dodged a bullet.

Marcel has been let go.

At the end of yesterday's stage he was hauled up to face Christian Prudhomme.

Christian Prudhomme: How is it that you were riding Sagan's bike?

Marcel: I came across it and decided on the spur of the moment to use it.

Christian Prudhomme: You decided! Meanwhile a great search was set off!

Marcel: Well, here it is. He can have it back now, and he will find it is not damaged in any way as I...

Christian Prudhomme: Do I know you?

Marcel: Not personally, but I am well known in my way, due to a very long novel I published years ago, and if I may say so it...

Christian Prudhomme: If you were not wearing a curly blue wig I would swear that you were Marcel Proust the famous writer and literary icon of France.

Marcel (removing the wig): It is kind of you to say so.

Christian Prudhomme: Alors! We can hardly pursue you. As to Sagan's bike, we'll say no more about it.

Marcel: Toot! 

Christian Prudhomme: Was that a French tout?

Marcel: No it was English.

and so on.....

Today is another flat day.

Somehow we all expect Cavendish to win it.

His team Deceuninck Quickstep leads him out -

positions him perfectly - 

all he has to do is - 

in the final seconds -

speed up.



No comments: