Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Cool New Hairstyle

Where were you? asks Terence.

In the tree, says Roo-kai.

You could have stopped us, says Terence.

I could not, says Roo-kai. 

Now look, says Terence. My helmet's come off.

You wanted it off, says Buster.

Because something was loose inside it, says Terence.

Now we can see what it was, says Roo-kai.

My hair, says Terence.

Cement curls are not hair, says Buster.

They were my hair, says Terence. This is your fault.

Not my fault, says Buster. You said there was something loose in your helmet BEFORE I ran at the low branch on purpose.

So what? says Terence.

Logic, says Roo-kai. It wasn't his fault.

How do I look now? asks Terence.

Roo-kai tilts his head to one side. 

You look cool, says Roo-kai. Very short on the sides.

Do you want to go on with the lesson? asks Buster.

Yes, says Terence. I just need to put on the helmet.

Roo-kai picks up the helmet. Terence puts it back on.

It goes on easily thanks to his cool hairstyle.

He squeezes Buster's sides with his knees and gives him a kick with his heels.

No go! says Buster. I'm not moving without my half pancake.

What's this? asks Roo-kai.

Madame Ponty made me eat a pancake, says Terence. 

He was supposed to be giving it to me, says Buster. Half before the ride, half after, if it went smoothly.

I see, says Roo-kai.

But now I'd be happy with half, says Buster. Or less than half. It depends what it looks like.

Shall we find out? asks Roo-kai.

There are  advantages to not being a parrot, on such occasions.

A parrot's beak is short.

An oystercatcher has a long one.

Open up, Terence, says Roo-kai.

Terence opens his mouth.

Roo-kai plunges his beak in and draws out the pancake.

It's still rolled up.

Now to unroll it.


No comments: